Thought I would do something different with a 21st card.
I needed to do a card for a work mate, so all the office could sign, and I had a brain wave (that's this years brain activity used up). My laptop has a web cam, that my nephews and niece love as it can distort your face they have loads of fun. So instead of signing a card, I did a word card/book and distorted the faces of all that wanted to join in, I even got the bosses on there! I added a few embellishments to some photos of those that did not mind, shows my silly sense of humour.
Me on the left!
The two bosses, one was a little shy I think he liked his head missing!
It was great fun to make, especially trying to get the photos done when Andrea went out to lunch.
I have made some more roses, for a fellow crafter, she asked for blue. Think I want a bunch of different coloured ones for my house, but bet I do not make any for myself as I just like giving them away!
Look out........... my mojo came back and gave me a kick last night! It may not be as good as some card makers I see, but I enjoyed making them and the trouble is I now want to do other colours, may be I should look at another stamp to use, I have purchased a lot from a recent show and may be getting some more this weekend from Doncaster race course show!
Think I like the brown one best so far, but I do like the smaller card for the image as used in the pink one.
Not been very crafty just lately, but here are a few of my latest creations. I wanted some where to clip ATCs that I receive that give me ideas, so I thought I would decorate a peg, her name is Purple Peggy! Metallic purple paint on the peg, some of those folt art ones. Then I also painted a squashed bottle cap. Inside the bottle cap I stuck some sequins with glossy accents, I then added the painted head. She has some beaded locks of hair to finish.
I then thought I would like to try one of those grunge paper roses. You stamp the flower a number of times on to a distressed piece of grunge paper, and then I followed instructions from a you tube video, on how to cut and fold and glue them, I am very pleased with it, just have not got any where to use it yet. Will make a couple more soon so a set of three with leaves will go on a project of some sort.
Been working hard, we have a new software system at work so have been posting balances and trying to learn the new package over the last couple of weeks and weekends. Worked yesterday, but have made up for it today by going on line and spending some money. This time not on craft but the next best thing...............SHOES!! Hope they fit when they get here (notice the work 'they' haha).
My hubby Dean has helped to put up my new craft storage....some shelving, and look there is some room so watch out next month the spending could be on crafting items! I really should start to use some of it more regularly lol.
Also I have sorted my buttons today into a container that I can get my fingers into more easily. Think I get as much pleasure out of sorting the crafting items as I do buying and using it!!
My next ATC today is called Olly! I have got my stamps out and distressing ink. I had to cover the owl to be able to put blue around him, them I covered the ATC but left the owl showing to colour the owl. A little glitter helps to lift the stamping.
This is my first attempt. Next time I will stamp more aound the coloured picture that appears, and I now know of some teething problems. At least is worked. It's a shame about the photo of the coloured image I will try and replace it if I get time.
A very different bunch, you see I have to do different things so that I do not get fed up. So we have decoupage, some stamping, painting, ageing, crackling, die cutting, Martha Stewart punching, moulding and matting and layering. All different colours and styles!
This was Noddy and my hubby Dean last Sunday at the local St Georges day parade. The day was rainy at 7am but as all the stalls set up the ground dried and we had no more rain all day. It was lovely. As our house it in the area where the roads were closed off, we were about for most of the day. Dean helped to put flags on the houses and clear the area after the day was done.
These are my newest storage items. I though I would be able to have lots of gaps to buy more items, but found the item I already had filled both units. I have wall space to the right so will have to add more storage when I can afford it. I must say it is useful having everything to hand, I have used more items as they are easy to lay my hands on them.
Thought I would start a small diary of crafting items and good times. May not blog very often as work gets in the way of crafting and the number of good times! Here is a recent card for someone leaving work. I wanted to have a go with my increasing number of nestabilities. I used a label made from grunge board and a boarder made with my new Martha Stewart punch. That is one of my crafting faults try to get too much on one project!