Saturday 23 July 2011

Pen Pots

I bought these at one of my stash buying sessions, I think I got them when I went to Doncaster Dome show, I could not make up my mind if I wanted the shaped top one or the straight one, so as all good stash buyers know......buy them both!

Making or decoration something for your self is a lovely way to keep some of those lovely papers that you buy and sometimes do not want to use.
I painted the first one with gesso then some Craftynotions acrylic paint in terracotta, but looks orange to me! It matched the biggest butterfly on the paper that I wanted to use. The paper for the front (which is also on the back as well) and also the other paper on the sides are both, I think, Kay & co. I have had them for some time, if they are not Kay & Co then they will be Anna Griffin, they have all got a bit mixed up! After i had stuck the papers on to the painted tub and let this dry I painted over the whole thing with Studio multi-medium matte, to give it some protection.

I wanted to put some paper flowers on the front with the decorative brad, but I thought the flowers would get dusty and damaged, then I remembered something I had watched on create and craft. They had dipped flowers into melted utee, so out came the melt pot and I had a go! It went on a bit thick at first so I got out my heat gun and blew some of it off on to my non stick mat, this seemed to help. They are still a little thick, but it has made a lovely embellishment that will hopefully last longer than the paper alone would have.





What colour for this one? Off to look at my papers again :)

1 comment:

  1. I think these are really lovely. I think I am feeling inspired.

    ReplyDelete